World Journal Bookstore
World Journal Bookstore is known for its large selection of Chinese books, newspapers, cookbooks, children's books and DVDs. There is also a selection of Japanese comic books. In addition to the printed materials, there is a selection of decorative Chinese knickknacks.
The store is connected to the World Journal, a Chinese-language newspaper printed in the United States. The Journal started publication in 1976; the store followed several years later.
There are 10 World Journal stores throughout the United States. These stores serve as the sales foundation for the newspaper. The corporate offices are based in Whitestone, NY, and Monterey Park, Calif. The Canadian business office is located in Vancouver. This Rockville store is in Wintergreen Plaza.
- Fax: 301-309-0299
- Handicap Accessible: The building has an elevator.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1989
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Chinese books and newspapers, children's books
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Book store specialties: Children's books, Comics, Magazines, Newspapers
- New/used: New
- Number of newspaper titles: 1
- Number of magazine titles: 6