The Treatment & Learning Centers
The Treatment and Learning Centers (TLC) offer community services that include a hearing center, childcare, preschool programs, testing and tutoring services and community education programs for more than 2,000 individuals annually. The primary focus is specialized services for children and adults with learning disabilities. TLC is a non-profit organization not affiliated with any national organization. It has 210 employees at three locations and was previously known as the Easter Seal Treatment Center of Montgomery County for Crippled Children and Adults. The company is accredited and approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, Maryland Departments of Education, Health and Mental Hygiene, Rehabilitation Services and the National Association for the Education of Young Children. TLC has contractual relationships with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration and Division of Rehabilitation Services, CIGNA Health, Medicare and United Healthcare for speech/language pathology and audiology services. Educational contracts are with the District of Columbia, Arlington County and Montgomery County public schools.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1950
- Religious affiliation: none
- Accreditation/licenses: Approved by the Maryland Departments of Education, Health and Mental Hygiene, Rehabilitation Services; National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Parking: Free lot
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Affiliations: Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation Services, Employee Development Services and Community Employment Services