Family owned and operated since 1977, Swiss Pastries is a top European-style dessert bakery tucked away north of the Twinbrook Metro station. A wholesale bakery popular with caterers and hotels, it has no minimum order, insists owner Martha Hohl. Just call a day or two ahead and she and her sons Michael and John would be happy to craft a black forest cake, a box of Napoleons or a few spinach quiches.
A native German, Hohl's European-style baking (her husband Johann was trained in Switzerland) is popular among the Embassy crowd (Austria, Saudi Arabia, Finland and Hungary have placed orders recently), as well as with country clubs and party planners.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 8:30am - 3pm; Sun - Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1977
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Cakes, pies, quiches, tea cookies, desserts, wedding cakes, mini pastries, Hamantaschen, pound cakes, muffins, streudels, turnovers, danishes
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Natural
- General services: Delivery, Phone orders
- Specialties: Chocolate Heaven cake, European-style cookies
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Rockville is a busy area in the heart of the county that's still safe and friendly.