Strathmore presents a lively and diverse program of art exhibitions, concerts and performing arts programs, as well as literary lectures and events. Artistic offerings presented in the Music Center include world-class performances by major national folk, blues, pop, jazz and classical music artists.
Strathmore is home to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Strathmore, National Philharmonic, Washington Performing Arts Society, Levine School of Music, CityDance Ensemble, Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras and interPLAY; see the Strathmore website for schedule information. The Prelude Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and pre-concert meals. The Strathmore Tea Room is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Strathmore is accessible from the Grosvenor/Strathmore Metro stop and via car, with a parking structure across the street.
- Hours: See website for schedule of events.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1981
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.strathmore.org
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Private events: Yes
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Breakfast, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz