The original Filene's Basement is a Boston tourist attraction. People flock to see the bargain department store in a basement. In an odd twist, the Rockville store is the opposite. It's located on the second floor of the Mid-Pike Plaza with windows overlooking the parking lot. No matter, the two stores are distinctly Filene's and "where bargains were born." The store is filled with the best bargains for men, women and children work, school and play. The prices are 30 to 60 percent off the original price.
Filene's does an estimated $389 million in sales annually with 25 stores along the East coast. The chain is owned by the Buxbaum Group.
- Hours: Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: The store has elevators and escalators.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1909
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Off-price brand names for men, women and children fashions. The prices are 30-to-60 percent of the original prices.
- Return policy: Returns can be made within 30 days, with an unaltered receipt and tickets attached. Returns without a receipt require a verification and a valid driver's license or state ID.
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Clothing and accessories brands: Men: Calvin Klein, Joseph Abboud, Ike Behar, Dolce & Gabbana, Chip & Pepper, Antik, Gucci, Original Penguin, Rock & Republic Women: Armani, Ralph Lauren, Anne Klien, Ellen Tracy, Laundry, JOnes New York, Chaus, J Brand, Lafayette 148
- Part of a chain: Yes
- Number of changing rooms: 8