Earth Treks Climbing Centers
Earth Treks Climbing Center is the state-of-the-art indoor rock climbing experience for every person wanting a challenge.
Since 1990, more than 20,000 people have learned to climb at Earth Treks. There are a ways to learn to climb based on age, interests and goals. It is best for beginners to start with an open climb which offers an introduction to climbing. Next comes learning the basics for teens and adults. This lays the foundation to becoming an experienced climber with growing skill levels.
The next step comes with a climbing expedition organized by Earth Treks. Treks go to Cotopaxi, Ecuador and Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. Ice climbing courses are part of the offerings. There are also private expeditions that are part of the Wharton School of Business Leadership Ventures Program.
Earth Treks has a complete gym and organizes yoga classes to help get into shape for serious climbing. It also has rental equipment, pro shop, healthy snacks, showers and lockers. Special events are also available.
The Rockville Earth Treks is located behind The Marlo Building. Other locations are in Timonium and Maryland.
- Fax: 240-238-9004
- Hours: Mon, noon-10pm; Tue-Thu, 11pm; Fri, noon-10pm; Sat, Sun, 9am-6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1990
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Membership info: www.earthtreksclimbing.com/members.html
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Facilities: Gym
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Lockers, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No outside food, No pets, No smoking