CVS Pharmacy offers safe, reliable and high-quality retail and mail pharmacies that comply with FDA quality regulations. This includes stringent assurance, safety and testing.
Along with prescription drugs , CVS has a wide assortment of general merchandise, including over-the-counter drugs, beauty products and cosmetics, film and photo finishing services, seasonal merchandise, greeting cards and convenience foods.
The CVS on Key West Avenue is open 24 hours a day for general sales and pharmacy needs. The pharmacy has a drive-through window. The store doesn't have a MinuteClinic. It odes offer flu shots by appointment during the week. This includes a one-hour photo and a healthy skin care centers, along with its regular inventory of personal care and household items.
MinuteClinc healthcare and Diabetes Care centers are within selected CVC stores. MinuteClinc is a pioneer in retailed-based health clinics staffed by physician assistants trained to diagnose and treat common family illnesses, give common vaccinations and provide prescriptions when clinically appropriate.
CVS stands for Consumer Value Stores, the original name when it was a subsidiary of the Melville Corporation. However, Melville divested the pharmacy chain in 1996. This started an expansion drive that acquired other drug store chains. Other acquisitions include Soma.com, the first online pharmacy.
Now, the corporate name is CVS Caremark Corporation. The management says the CVS initials now stand for customer, value and service.
CVS is the second largest pharmacy chain in North America, with 7,027 stories in 45 states.
- Hours: Store and pharmacy: Daily, 24 hrs
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1963
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Most insurance plans are accepted.
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Licenses: FDA and Maryland licences.
- Free consultation: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Services: Photo processing
- Features: ATM, Food and drink, Greeting cards, Household essentials, Ice, Newspapers/magazines, Tobacco products, Toys
- Pharmacy hours: 24 hours a day
- Part of a chain: Yes
- 24-hour: Yes