Col. Zadok Magruder High School
Named for a farmer and patriot of the American Revolution, Magruder High School is located near the site of the former family home of its namesake.
With the motto of "Connect. Achieve. Excel!", Magruder's mission focuses on creating a safe, caring and challenging learning environment for a diverse student body.
Students are expected to take responsibility for their learning, with support and partnership from teachers, students and families.
Magruder offers alternative and special education, academy programs in Arts and Humanities, Education, Engineering, Finance, Leadership and Science Research and is home to a U.S. Army JROTC program.
- Fax: 301-840-4617
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:25am - 2:10pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1970
- Number of students: 1,912
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 90.5
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 25 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 137
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, lacrosse, poms, soccer,softball, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball and wrestling.