Ben & Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's can be found at Rockville Town Square, next to the Royal movie theater.
The company is known for its off-beat business practices, cows painted by Woody Jackson and creative ice cream flavors. It has an annual free cone day every May 5, the anniversary of its founding in 1979.
Ice cream favors include Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream, Chubby Hubby, Imagine Whirled Peace, Cherry Garcia, FroYo Half Baked, Karmel Sutra and Phish Food.
Ben & Jerry's has social, product and economic mission statements. The social mission is to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality life locally, nationally and internationally. The product mission is to make the finest quality ice cream and euphoric concoctions. Finally, the economic mission is to grow responsibly while expanding the development and career of its employees.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, noon - 9pm; Fri, Sat, noon - 11pm; Sun, noon - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1978
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Ice cream
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/menu/
- Specialties: Ice cream
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- Frozen yogurt: Yes