Curbside leaf pick-ups start next week in Rockville, hopefully well removed from the snowy mix that set spring off to a mushy start.
The Department of Public Works will start collecting leaf debris Monday. Each year the city provides residents with one leaf pick-up during a two-week period in April and announced the following schedule for this year:
- April 1–2: Area 1—East of Rockville Pike and south of Broadwood Road, including the Twinbrook neighborhood
- April 3-4: Area 2—East of Rockville Pike and north of Broadwood Road
- April 5–8: Area 3—West of Rockville Pike from Falls Road north through King Farm
- April 9–10: Area 4—Neighborhoods west of Interstate 270
- April 11–12: Area 5—West of Rockville Pike and south of Falls Road
The schedule and map can be found online at www.rockvillemd.gov/residents/leaf.htm
Residents are asked to rake leaves to the curb or next to the pavement, if no curb exists., by 6 a.m. on the collection day.
The leaves should not be placed in plastic bags. Biodegradeable paper bags or 32-gallon containers are OK.
More: Call the Department of Public Works at 240-314-8566