With the arrival of Hurricane Sandy, the City of Rockville announced Monday evening that city offices and facilities will be closed for a second straight day on Tuesday.
Essential personnel are required to report to work as directed.
The following city facilities and programs also are closed or canceled:
- Recreation programs—Canceled on Tuesday.
- Montrose Discovery Preschool—Closed on Tuesday.
- Senior Center programs, lunch, clubs, meetings and daily transportation—Canceled on Tuesday.
- Charter Review Commission's Town Hall Meeting at Twinbrook Community—Canceled on Tuesday.
- Rockville Farmer's Market—Canceled on Wednesday.
A decision on whether recycling and refuse collection will "slide" this week will
be made Tuesday.
If collection slides:
- Monday collection will occur on Wednesday;
- Tuesday collection will occur on Thursday;
- Wednesday collection will occur on Friday;
- Thursday collection will occur on Saturday; and
- Friday collection will occur on Sunday.
City residents with tree emergencies, such as a tree blocking a roadway or driveway, should call 240-314-8700. If a tree is touching a power line, stay clear of the tree and call Pepco at 1-877-737-2662.
Call 911 in an emergency.
For other emergency transport assistance, call the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service at 240-773-0027.
To report non-emergency issues to the Rockville Police Department, call 240-314-8900.