As Sandy moves out and the cleanup begins, trash and recycling service in Montgomery County and the City of Rockville will slide with service two days later than usual through the weekend.
The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station in Rockville will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Montgomery County announced.
There will be no county or city trash or recycling collection on Tuesday. The following service schedule will be in effect:
- If your normal service day is Monday, this week collection will occur Wednesday.
- If your normal service day is Tuesday, this week collection will occur Thursday.
- If your normal service day is Wednesday, this week collection will occur Friday.
- If your normal service day is Thursday, this week collection will occur Saturday.
- If your normal service day is Friday, this week collection will occur Sunday.
County and city trash and recycling collection will resume on the usual schedule on Monday.
If a tree is touching a power line, stay clear of the tree and call Pepco at 1-877-737-2662.
City of Rockville residents with tree emergencies, such as a tree blocking a roadway or driveway, should call 240-314-8700.
Rockville residents should place storm debris at the curb for crews to collect. "Branches should be no more than eight feet long and should easily clear overhead power lines and trees so they can be accessed by Rockville's heavy equipment vehicles," according to a city news release.
Click here for more information about county storm debris collection.
Click here for information about service for residents of other municipalities.
Click here to sign up for service updates from the county Division of Solid Waste Services.