Montgomery Parks, part of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, has received six awards from the Maryland Recreation and Parks Association at the annual conference this week in Ocean City.
Montgomery Parks received awards in the following categories:
- PARC Branch Planning and Design with Environmental Protection in Mind Award for impervious surface removal and wetland creation project in Meadowbrook Local Park. The project was managed by Montgomery Parks Engineer Designer Erin McArdle and Montgomery Parks Park Development Division Section Chief Andrew Frank.
- Creative Programming Award for Minnow Minutes, a newsletter-style, education and outreach tool designed to educate park staff on environmental and water quality related topics.
- Agency Volunteer Award to Ralph Buglass for his volunteer service to Montgomery Parks at the Kingsley Schoolhouse, a 19thcentury one-room schoolhouse in Little Bennett Regional Park.
- MRPA Agency Showcase Award for Best Photography for Woodstock Horse Jump photo taken by Stacey Wigmore at the Woodstock Equestrian Park opening.
- MRPA Agency Showcase Award for Best Website for History in the Parks (www.HistoryInTheParks.org) presented to Barbara Lerch, Montgomery Parks Senior Graphic Designer.
- MRPA Agency Showcase Award for Best Activity Guide for Summer Camps 2013 Guide presented to Colleen Holt, Enterprise Division Marketing Manager at Montgomery Parks, and Judy Stiles, Media Relations Manager at Montgomery County Recreation.
Montgomery Parks manages more than 35,000 acres of parkland, consisting of 420 parks.