An assisted living facility in Rockville had to be evacuated Tuesday due to an electrical problem.
At around 2:15 p.m., emergency crews responded to an automatic fire alarm at Raphael House, 1515 Dunster Road. Investigators determined that there was a water problem involving some electric circuits, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue spokeswoman Beth Anne Nesselt said.
Twenty eight residents and nine workers were taken to a nearby church.
As of about 4 p.m. Tuesday, Pepco, building maintenance and Montgomery
County Fire & Rescue Service were still at the scene and had not yet
determined whether it was safe for residents to return, Nesselt said.