Fall is one of my favorite seasons, and with its beautiful colors, crisp days and cool nights…what could be better? It’s also a reminder that winter is coming and we need to be ready. I don’t know about you, but I keep getting older every fall and need to make lists in order to remember all the things I want to do around the house:
- Disconnect all garden hoses from the outside faucets and store the hoses for the winter.
- Check all gutters for the accumulation of leaves and debris.
- Check doors and windows for weather stripping that needs to be replaced.
- Replace furnace filters and have a professional check the furnace for safety and efficient operation.
- Change batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and test for proper operation.
- Bring a load of firewood in and put it next to the fireplace, along with some fire starter.
- Locate the TV remote, put it next to my easy chair and be ready to watch the Redskins games.
Once I’ve completed my list, I can sit back in my favorite chair with my favorite beverage and enjoy the warmth and comfort of my home.
Need assistance with your lists? Call us today.