Happy Friday, Rockville!
Today, the last day of September, marks the first day for a new-look “Rundown.”
The aim is to include more quick-hits and tidbits—and less ranting and raving from yours truly. (There will still be some ranting, as warrants—to offer perspective on big news, for important messages from the editor, to blow off steam about losing streaks by Washington sports teams—but overall, I’m trying to cut it down.) Oh and fewer rhyming headlines. (I’m out of “flow.”)
There will also be a more formatted look, with more photos of landmarks from around town, though we’ll throw in a timely or “newsy” photo as needed. We’ll also let the links speak for themselves, so where you see blue, be sure to click away.
And now, the weekend’s picks from the new-look “Rundown”:
- The concludes from 6 to 9 tonight with the Cajun-Zydeco sounds of The Crawdaddies.
- The Finest! presents tonight and tomorrow at Fitzgerald Theatre.
- Peerless Rockville and the Rockville Bike Advisory Committee offer a guided bike tour of Rockville’s agricultural history and historic farms and farmhouses for ages 12 and up from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday. $5 for city residents; $7 for non-residents.
- hosts a celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month from 4-7 p.m. on Saturday. The free celebration will feature music, dancing, representatives from the Latin American embassies and the Kaiser Mobile Health Center.
- The 5th annual King Farm Fall Fesitval will be held noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday on the Saddle Ridge Circle Lawn.
- “This Week in Aggregation” features saucer-sized mushrooms and community service for the chicken head thieves.
- "Like" Rockville Patch on Facebook. Follow us @RockvillePatch on Twitter. Get Rockville Patch in your inbox and on your website: Click on “Newsletters” under “Goodies” in the gray box at the bottom of this page and “Get Patched In” or make your site more fun—and better informed—with Rockville Patch widgets.