Happy Tuesday, Rockville!
We had a long-overdue visit from an old friend today before the clouds set in late this afternoon.
It looks like the sun will have a more extended stay, beginning tomorrow, with gorgeous weather on tap for the weekend.
Here’s today’s edition of “The Rundown”:
- Take a “snapshot” of a day in the life of Montgomery County Public Libraries tomorrow. Libraries across Maryland will participate in . Library patrons are encouraged to visit their favorite library, snap a photo and upload it here. Twinbrook and Rockville Memorial libraries will host a special story time. Click here for more information.
- Interested in getting more involved and serving your city? Rockville Mayor Phyllis Marcuccio at Monday’s City Council meeting announced a list of city boards and commissions with vacancies. Click here for that list.
- The Montgomery County Police Department will host an open house at the 1st District Station, 1451 Seven Locks Road in Rockville, from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday. The day will feature child fingerprinting, K-9 demonstrations, a moon bounce, fire and rescue apparatus, Equestrian Unit police officers, the police command bus, motorcycle unit officers, and more.
- It’s the final days to nominate a neighbor for the city’s Good Neighbor Award for this year. Nominations must be received at City Hall by Monday. Call Rocio Snowdy at 240-314-8345 for more information.
- "Like" Rockville Patch on Facebook. Follow us @RockvillePatch on Twitter. Get Rockville Patch in your inbox and on your website: Click on “Newsletters” under “Goodies” in the gray box at the bottom of this page and “Get Patched In” or make your site more fun—and better informed—with Rockville Patch widgets.