Why wait until Cinco de Mayo to enjoy Mexican food? Rockville has several good Mexican restaurants to choose from. Here are a few:
- , in Rock Creek Village Center on Norbeck Road, offers entrees made with seafood (scallops, shrimp, salmon, squid and clams), steak, pork and poultry. The menu also includes paella and traditional dishes including enchiladas, tacos, burritos and fajitas. Call 301-460-1247 for a reservation or additional information.
- , on Veirs Mill Road in the Twinbrook Plaza, serves Mexican and Salvadoran dishes. The restaurant specializes in seafood, chicken and steak platters. Call 301-309-8149.
- , on Rockville Pike in the Ritchie Center, serves Mexican and South American cuisine. The menu provides an array of combinations including enchiladas, tacos, burritos, fajitas and a variety of vegetarian dishes. The dinner menu also includes pollo asado (marinated chicken), Poc Chuc Yucateco (charcoal broiled pork), lengua al vino (beef tongue in a Spanish sherry wine sauce), mariscada in Gulf sauce (seafood combination), Pescado Acapulco (broiled trout topped with shrimp, scallops and Acapulco sauce) and steak with a Peruvian sauce. Call 301-738-7177.
- on Rockville Pike offers a wide variety of combination platters. Fish entries feature tilapia, salmon, flounder, rockfish and shrimp. Mi Rancho has other locations in and . Call 240-221-2636.
- , on Darnestown Road in the Travilah Square shopping center, is a family-run business that serves Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes. The menu includes fajitas, pork ribs, burritos, tamales, tacos, enchiladas, chimichangas and taco salads. Dessert items include fried ice cream, flan and sopapilla. El Mexicano offer a kids’ menu and Sunday football specials. Call 301-838-7466.