Invite a friend
VisArts Features Free Gallery Tours on Sunday Afternoons
For four Sundays in December, VisArts at Rockville will offer tours of the “Review < > Renew” exhibition in the Kaplan Gallery and Common Ground Gallery. The group exhibition was created in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of VisArts and brings together the renowned artists who brought critical regional success to, Rockville Arts Place (RAP), now VisArts.
All tours are held at 1:00 p.m. and are free. There is no admission to visit the galleries.
Tours are scheduled for:
Sunday, Dec. 2: Tour of the Galleries
Sunday, Dec. 9: Tour of the Galleries
Sunday, Dec. 16: Tour of the Galleries
Sunday, Dec. 23: Tour of the Galleries
The “Review < > Renew” exhibiton will be on view at VisArts through Saturday, December 29.
Early paintings and more recent works by Lisa Brotman, Manon Cleary, Sam Gilliam, Tom Green, Margarida Kendall, and Joe Shannon are on display in the Kaplan Gallery, alongside photographs of the artists and interviews by Paul Feinberg. Works in glass and clay by artists important to the history of VisArts, including Margaret Boozer, Robert Devers, Tim Tate, and Mindy Weisel are exhibited in the Common Ground Gallery.
This exhibition was co-curated by Judy A. Greenberg (current Director of the Kreeger Museum in Washington, DC) and Jack Rasmussen (current Director and Curator of The American University Museum at the Katzen Arts Center in Washington, DC). The artists selected for the exhibition all exhibited at RAP while Greenberg was President of the Board and Rasmussen was Executive Director.
VisArts Galleries are open to the public on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, from 12:00 – 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Where||VisArts 155 Gibbs St, Rockville, MD 20850|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||1:00 pm–2:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
More About VisArts
VisArts is located in the new Rockville Town Center. It offers a wide variety of art classes, summer camps and school break workshops for children. It also has classes for adults. There's a gallery with exhibits on display, as well as artist's studios and a gift shop. VisArts also has a photo lab and darkroom. The party room is available for private events.
Other events here
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Daily,
- “speed and pressure” Daily,
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Daily,
- Roslyn Logsdon: People and Places Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Kenneth Martin: Sculpture and Casework Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Artist Talk for “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, Jun 28, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm