Invite a friend
Poetry and Music in Rockville Town Center
The next free HearArts spoken word and music program is on Thursday, May 3 at 7 PM at VisArts, 155 Gibbs Street, Rockville, Maryland (http://www.visartsatrockville.org) in the 2nd floor Buchanan Room. Featured readers, below, are followed by open mic and reception. Ample parking and Rockville Metro nearby. Contact - email@example.com or 240-899-6514.
Kathi Wolfe (poetry)
Kathi Wolfe is a poet and writer. Her work has appeared in "Gargoyle," "Potomac Review," "Beltway Poetry Quarterly," "Innisfree Poetry Journal," "Wordgathering" and other publications. Wolfe has received a Puffin Foundation grant and been awarded poetry residencies by Vermont Studio Center. She has read at many venues, including the Kennedy Center and the Library of Congress Poetry at Noon series, and appeared on the public radio show "The Poet and the Poem." She was a finalist in the 2007 Pudding House chapbook competition and her chapbook was published by Pudding House in 2008. Her chapbook "Helen Takes the Stage: The Helen Keller Poems" was published by Pudding House in 2008. She is a contributor to "Beauty Is a Verb: The New Poetry of Disability," a Publishers Weekly Fall 2011 Top Ten Poetry Book.
Terry Mulligan (guitar)
Terry Mulligan is a singer/guitarist from Arlington, Virginia. He has performed at the Takoma Park Folk Festival, The New Deal Cafe in Greenbelt, Maryland, and other venues. He has played with an all-acoustic band, The Terry Mulligan Troupe, as well as with a full-electric rock band called Craig’s Basement. He is also a writer of short stories and journalism, with stories and articles published in The Washington Review, The Baltimore Review, WordWrights, Maryland Musician, The Northern Virginia Rhythm, and The Takoma Voice. As Publisher and Fiction Editor for Minimus Literary Journal, he has had the pleasure of meeting some of the most intriguing poets and writers in the Washington area, and he continues to do volunteer graphic design work for the Chevy-Chase based small press, The Word Works.
More About VisArts
VisArts is located in the new Rockville Town Center. It offers a wide variety of art classes, summer camps and school break workshops for children. It also has classes for adults. There's a gallery with exhibits on display, as well as artist's studios and a gift shop. VisArts also has a photo lab and darkroom. The party room is available for private events.
Other events here
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Daily,
- “speed and pressure” Daily,
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Daily,
- Roslyn Logsdon: People and Places Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Kenneth Martin: Sculpture and Casework Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Artist Talk for “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, Jun 28, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm