Invite a friend
Lutostawski 100th Anniversary: Remembering Rostropovich
Dariusz Skoraczewski, cello
Miroslaw Jacek Blaszczyk, conductor
Prizewinning cellist Dariusz Skoraczewski commemorates the singular spirit of the 20th-century Russian cellist Mstislav Rostropovich and Polish composer Witold Lutosławski with performances of Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme and Lutosławski’s Cello Concerto, written for Rostropovich. The final work, Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 4, reflects the gamut of human emotion, from tragedy to life-embracing exuberance.
Tchaikovsky Variations on a Rococo Theme
Lutoslawski Cello Concerto
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4
A free pre-concert lecture will be offered at 6:45 pm on January 26; 1:45 pm on January 27.
|Where||Strathmore 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852 ((5301 Tuckerman Lane))|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Price||Starting at $28|
More About Strathmore
Strathmore presents a lively and diverse program of art exhibitions, concerts and performing arts programs, as well as literary lectures and events. Artistic offerings presented in the Music Center include world-class performances by major national folk, blues, pop, jazz and classical music artists.
Strathmore is home to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Strathmore, National Philharmonic, Washington Performing Arts Society, Levine School of Music, CityDance Ensemble, Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras and interPLAY; see the Strathmore website for schedule information. The Prelude Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and pre-concert meals. The Strathmore Tea Room is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Strathmore is accessible from the Grosvenor/Strathmore Metro stop and via car, with a parking structure across the street.
Other events here
- Wagner 200th Anniversary Celebration Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm
- Carmina Burana Sat, Jun 8, 8:00 pm
- Carmina Burana Sun, Jun 9, 3:00 pm
- Beethoven's Eternal Masterworks Sat, Sep 28, 8:00 pm
- Beethoven's Eternal Masterworks Daily, 8:00 pm
- Zuill Bailey Cello Recital Sat, Oct 26, 3:30 pm
- Romantic Sentiments Sat, Oct 26, 8:00 pm
- Romantic Sentiments Sun, Oct 27, 3:00 pm
- Lost Childhood: A Concert Opera Sat, Nov 9, 8:00 pm
- Verdi's Powerful and Timeless Requiem Sat, Nov 23, 8:00 pm