Invite a friend
HearArts Poetry and Music
The next program in the free HearArts series of spoken word and music will be held at 7:30 PM on February 7, 2013, at VisArts, 155 Gibbs Street, Rockville, Maryland. Includes refreshments and open mic. Featured performers, below. Also, see http://www.visartsatrockville.org/heararts.
Chloe Yelena Miller (poetry)
Chloe Yelena Miller's poetry chapbook, Unrest, is forthcoming from Finishing Line Press. Her work is published or forthcoming in Alimentum, The Cortland Review, Narrative Magazine, Poet’s Market, and Storyscape Literary Journal, among others. Chloe has an MFA in creative writing from Sarah Lawrence College. She has participated in the Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference, the Vermont Studio Center residency and the A Room of Her Own Writers’ Retreat. Chloe teaches writing online at Fairleigh Dickinson University, George Mason University and privately, and leads writing workshops at Politics & Prose Bookstore in Washington, D.C. Contact her and read some of her work at www.chloeyelenamiller.blogspot.com.
The Eclectiks (Celtic Fusion) – Charles Tolbert, Peter Stover
The Eclectiks are a Celtic Fusion Group from Montgomery County Maryland. The members of this ensemble come from a wide range of musical backgrounds Classical, Jazz, Blues, Pop and Rock. You will hear elements of all these styles blended in a Celtic centered repertoire. The sound is a refreshing blend of old and new music. The songs range from slow thoughtful classical centered pieces to high energy tunes. The Eclectiks are Simona Patanga, flute; Gary Daum, flute, electric guitar, and vocals; Regina Koenig, violin; Charles Tolbert, violin, harmonica, and vocals; Francis Eargle, cello and mandolin; Jeff Sparks, bass, and Pete Stover, 12 string guitar, electric guitar, and vocals.
More About VisArts
VisArts is located in the new Rockville Town Center. It offers a wide variety of art classes, summer camps and school break workshops for children. It also has classes for adults. There's a gallery with exhibits on display, as well as artist's studios and a gift shop. VisArts also has a photo lab and darkroom. The party room is available for private events.
Other events here
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Daily,
- “speed and pressure” Daily,
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Daily,
- Roslyn Logsdon: People and Places Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Kenneth Martin: Sculpture and Casework Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Artist Talk for “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- HearArts Fiction and Music Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm