Invite a friend
Gaithersburg's 4th Annual Active Aging Expo
- Educational talks
- Interactive demonstrations▪ Facials & Massages▪ Preventive screenings
- Non-profit organizations with information on health and wellness
- A presentation by New York Times bestselling author Sophy Burnham, who wrote “The Art of Intuition: Cultivating Your Inner Wisdom.”
- Dr. Revathi Vikram, who will present “The Human Genome Project and Your Family Tree.”
- Topics such as “Ask the Suburban Hospital Pharmacist,” “Hoarding 101” and “Practicing Safe Stress” will also be featured.
- Businesses that specialize in serving older adults
The Expo is hosted in partnership with the Montgomery Village Foundation, Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission, Montgomery County Recreation Department, JCA Connect-A-Ride, and Asbury Methodist Village. For more information, visit www.gaithersburgmd.gov/activeaging or call 301-258-6380.
More About Activity Center at Bohrer Park
The Activity Center at Bohrer Park offers 57,000 square feet of space to do practically anything. Two 8,000 foot gyms are often open for public use, and many camps and after-school programs are held at the Center. There are three 1,000 square foot multipurpose rooms that can be rented and used for special events.