Invite a friend
“Flux: Water and Sound” an Installation and Performance
Katherine Kavanaugh uses the fluid and mutable properties of both water and sound to create a daily, live interaction in the Gibbs Street Gallery. Flowing water will circulate through the space producing an active visual and aural experience. On September 15, composer David Smooke, with additional musicians, will interject another level of activity into the space while standing in pools of water to create a spontaneous performance of water sounds.
Exhibition on View from Wednesday, September 5 through Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 15 from 7:00–9:00 p.m. (Performance by composer David Smooke at 8:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 12:00–9:00p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00–5:00 p.m.
More About VisArts
VisArts is located in the new Rockville Town Center. It offers a wide variety of art classes, summer camps and school break workshops for children. It also has classes for adults. There's a gallery with exhibits on display, as well as artist's studios and a gift shop. VisArts also has a photo lab and darkroom. The party room is available for private events.
Other events here
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Daily,
- “speed and pressure” Daily,
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Daily,
- Roslyn Logsdon: People and Places Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Kenneth Martin: Sculpture and Casework Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Artist Talk for “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- HearArts Fiction and Music Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm