Invite a friend
Devin Gong: “If Wishes Were Inches”
Emerging artist and VisArts Bresler Resident Devin Gong exhibits recent paintings that combine floating, non-linear narratives, explosive color and spatially ambiguous compositions. The simmering tension between Gong’s formal sensitivity and his instinctive prowl for resonant, visual symbols propel the viewer into a space where certainty and doubt are palpable. An Opening Reception will be held on Friday, June from 7:00–9:00 p.m. in the Gibbs Street Gallery, first floor.VisArts is located three blocks from the Rockville Metro station at 155 Gibbs Street, Rockville, MD 20850. For information please call 301-315-8200 or visit www.visartscenter.org. Free.
Gallery Hours: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 12:00 noon till 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
Opening Reception: Friday, June 8 from 7:00–9:00 p.m.
More About VisArts
VisArts is located in the new Rockville Town Center. It offers a wide variety of art classes, summer camps and school break workshops for children. It also has classes for adults. There's a gallery with exhibits on display, as well as artist's studios and a gift shop. VisArts also has a photo lab and darkroom. The party room is available for private events.
Other events here
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Daily,
- “speed and pressure” Daily,
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Daily,
- Roslyn Logsdon: People and Places Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Kenneth Martin: Sculpture and Casework Weekly on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- “Nancy Bullough: Distinction in Colors” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “speed and pressure” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Fri, May 31, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Artist Talk for “Eric Smallwood: Tethered in the Weather” Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm
- HearArts Fiction and Music Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm