Invite a friend
Audrey Luna, soprano Robert Baker, tenor Leon Williams, baritone National Philharmonic Chorale Stan Engebretson, conductor
Carl Orff’s rousing Carmina Burana blends secular medieval texts with seductive melodies and spellbinding rhythms to create an unforgettable concert. Witold Lutoslawski, Poland’s most celebrated composer of the last century, traced his musical roots to Debussy and Stravinsky. These influences are heard in his evocative 1963 work, Three Poems by Henri Michaux, featuring the National Philharmonic Chorale in a stirring Washington-area premiere.
Luloslawski Three Poems by Henri Michaux
Orff Carmina Burana
|Where||Strathmore 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852 ((5301 Tuckerman Lane))|
|Price||Starting at $28|
More About Strathmore
Strathmore presents a lively and diverse program of art exhibitions, concerts and performing arts programs, as well as literary lectures and events. Artistic offerings presented in the Music Center include world-class performances by major national folk, blues, pop, jazz and classical music artists.
Strathmore is home to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Strathmore, National Philharmonic, Washington Performing Arts Society, Levine School of Music, CityDance Ensemble, Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras and interPLAY; see the Strathmore website for schedule information. The Prelude Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and pre-concert meals. The Strathmore Tea Room is open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Strathmore is accessible from the Grosvenor/Strathmore Metro stop and via car, with a parking structure across the street.
Other events here
- Wagner 200th Anniversary Celebration Sat, Jun 1, 8:00 pm
- Carmina Burana Sun, Jun 9, 3:00 pm
- Beethoven's Eternal Masterworks Sat, Sep 28, 8:00 pm
- Beethoven's Eternal Masterworks Daily, 8:00 pm
- Zuill Bailey Cello Recital Sat, Oct 26, 3:30 pm
- Romantic Sentiments Sat, Oct 26, 8:00 pm
- Romantic Sentiments Sun, Oct 27, 3:00 pm
- Lost Childhood: A Concert Opera Sat, Nov 9, 8:00 pm
- Verdi's Powerful and Timeless Requiem Sat, Nov 23, 8:00 pm