Rockville will mark Veterans Day with its annual ceremony on Sunday. Some county and city facilities, including City Hall, will be closed Monday, when the federal holiday is observed.
Mike Marceau, a U.S. Army veteran, will be the featured speaker at the city’s Veterans Day ceremony at 11 a.m. on Friday at Veterans Park. Veterans Park is locate under the large American flag at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Veirs Mill Road.
Parking is available at the Sandy Spring Bank building, located between Fleet Street and Rockville Pike.
In the city of Rockville the following facilities will be closed on Monday:
- City Hall.
- Rockville Senior Center.
- Rockville Civic Center Park offices.
- Glenview Mansion.
- The Glenview Mansion Art Gallery.
Other city facilities will be open on Monday:
- Lincoln Park Community Center (Regular hours, 9 a.m.-9:30 p.m.).
- Thomas Farm Community Center (Regular hours, 6 a.m.-9:30 p.m.).
- Twinbrook Community Center (Regular hours, 6 a.m.- 9:30 p.m.).
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center (Regular schedule).
- F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre Box Office will be open 2-7 p.m.
- RedGate Municipal Golf Course will operate under winter hours with the first tee time at 9 a.m.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center (Regular hours, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Recycling and trash will be collected on regular schedules.
Parking will be free at city-owned meters. (Remember that Town Square parking garages are no longer operated by the city and will require the usual fees to exit.)
For more information about city facilities or programs call 240-314-5000 or visit www.rockvillemd.gov.
The following county and state facilities will be closed on Monday:
- Montgomery County government offices.
- County libraries.
- State offices and courts.
Other county, state and regional facilities and services are open or running on modified schedules on Monday:
- County liquor stores (regular hours).
- Ride On (modified holiday schedule).
- Metrobus (special service).
- Metrorail—5 a.m. to midnight. Click here for more details.
County schools will open as usual on Monday. It is an early dismissal day for elementary and middle schools. Students will be dismissed after lunch.
Montgomery County Public Schools administrative offices will be open.
County recycling and trash will be picked up as usual. The Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station will be open.
Parking will be free at county public garages, lots and curbside meters.