(Updated 5:34 p.m.) City officials have postpoed a planned street closure on a portion of Monroe Place on Saturday, due to pending inclement weather, city officials announced Friday.
(Original) Part of Monroe Place will be shut down Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
City officials said the westbound lane, from Monroe Street to Rockville Pike, will be closed. Parking is prohibited through 9 a.m. Sunday.
Assistant City Manager Jennifer Kimball said the closure was needed in order to accommodate a construction crane that would be placing equipment on a roof at 51 Monroe Place.
“That street gets quite a lot of traffic on a weekday so our Public Works Department required that the work and closure happen on the weekend,” Kimball said.
Detour signs will be posted.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Foodie News: 90-Year-Old Restaurant Closes, Restaurant List Announced for Hometown Holidays
- Where Rockville’s Latest Red Light Camera Went
- Rockville City Police: Woman Assaulted, Robbed By Purse Snatchers
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Slams: Meet The Black-Eyed Suzies
- Delaney Endorses Duncan for Montgomery County Executive