MCFR: Small Fire Damages Rockville Home
A bathroom fire that spread into the attic of a Rockville home caused $10,000 in damage, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Beth Anne Nesselt said.
A small fire in a Rockville home Wednesday caused approximately $10,000 in damage but no injuries, reported Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Beth Anne Nesselt.
Fire and rescue officials were dispatched to a home in the 1700 block of Farragut Avenue at 12:17 p.m. for the report of smoke in the house, Nesselt told Patch in an email.
All occupants had safely exited by the time firefighters arrived, Nesselt said. The home's smoke alarm was activated and personnel on the scene quickly extinguished the fire.
Nesselt said MCFR officials believe the fire started in a fan in an upstairs bathroom and spread into the home's attic. The cause is attributed to an operational deficiency in the electrical fan.
No occupants of the home were displaced, Nesselt said.