A Carjacking, Burglaries and Thefts from Vehicles in County Police Reports
Arrests and incidents for Dec. 31 to Jan. 8, according to Montgomery County police.
The following is compiled from Montgomery County Police Department crime summaries. Arrests do not imply guilt.
Three thefts from vehicles occurred overnight Dec. 31 to Jan. 1 in Rockville:
- 11200 block of Troy Road: Between 6 a.m. Dec. 31 and 3:40 p.m. Jan. 1. Unforced entry. Cash, a GPS unit mount and a charger were taken.
- 11200 block of Troy Road: Between 1:15 p.m. Dec. 31 and 11:15 a.m. Jan. 1. Forced entry. A GPS unit was taken.
- 11000 block of Schuylkill Road: Between Jan. 1 and Jan. 5. Unlocked doors. A satellite radio was taken.
200 block of Frederick Avenue: A 29-year-old man from Woodbridge, VA, was arrested for a residential burglary that occurred at 3 p.m. on Jan. 8. Unknown means of entry.
1600 block of Yale Place: A 21-year-old man from Washington, D.C., and a 20-year-old man from Potomac were arrested for an attempted carjacking that occurred at 8:50 p.m. Jan. 6. The victim was threatened with a weapon and the suspects unsuccessfully attempted to steal the victim’s vehicle.
16200 block of Redland Road, Derwood: A residential garage burglary occurred between 4 p.m. Jan. 1 and 6 a.m. Jan. 2. Unforced entry. Property taken.
14000 block of Gray Birch Way: A residential burglary occurred between 12:15 and 2:17 p.m. Jan. 6. Forced entry. Property taken.
10200 block of Daphney House Way: An attempted residential burglary occurred between 12:45 and 8:15 p.m. Jan. 6. Attempted forced entry was unsuccessful. Nothing taken.
12100 block of Devilwood Drive: A residential burglary occurred between 12:30 and 4:30 p.m. Jan. 8. Forced entry. Property taken.
Four thefts from vehicles occurred Jan. 3 in Rockville:
- Unit block of Eton Overlook: Between 3:10 and 3:20 a.m. Unlocked door. Two car chargers and loose coins were taken.
- 500 block of Monet Drive: Between 3 and 4 a.m. Unknown entry. Coins were taken.
- 500 block of Monet Drive: Between 3 and 4 a.m. Unknown entry. Nothing was taken.
- 300 block of Fallsgrove Drive: Between 6 p.m. Jan. 2 and 5:30 a.m. Jan. 3. Unknown entry. Jewelry taken.
Click here for Patch’s map of recent crimes reported by the Montgomery County Police Department.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.